Thursday, February 27, 2014

On DVD and the stream: The Battery; and RESOLUTION

The Battery
(2012) Jeremy Gardner

This is a damn fine independent (low budget) zombie film. Great lensing, nice sound design, solid plot and believable performances. This is a zombie movie I would have loved to make.

Two baseball players cruising across America, survivin', doin' stuff, gettin' sauced, zombies.
Highly recommend. Hint I will reveal nothing because this flick is actually that good.

(7/7)

Official site

Hay Tales to Terrify listeners! Oh, you didn't expect this blog to actually be good did you? Hah I warned you. . . I don't even use complete sentences. . . .

And now:

Resolution (2012)
Justin Benson and Aaron Scott Moorhead

This is a scary Lovecraftian tale of a man who goes out into the dry scrubland mountains of Southern California to forcefully detox his meth-using friend. Weird things begin to happen and then weirder things.

This is the most "truly Lovecraftian" movie I have seen in a long time. Some of the performances are a bit uneven but the sense of dread that builds throughout the movie is remarkable.  Nice social commentary in spots and some cool, creepy, phantasmagorical film elements rooted in the darkest hillside thickets and valleys of the Mythos.






I really wish I made this movie!Prepare to be creeped out!



(6/7)

Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment